Cirium carefully analyzes the global impact of COVID-19 (coronavirus), on travel and tourism, by tapping into Cirium Core data sets and leveraging our expert teams. We are providing insights on flight disruption and recovery across the globe and what this means for airlines and airports; reviewing schedules and routes, and, aircraft groundings by airline and aircraft types; and analyzing fleet leasing and aircraft values informatics.
With so many rapid developments, visualizing analytics becomes critical to understanding what is happening across the industry. We want to enable the industry to quickly respond and better solve problems through access to data and actionable insights.
Start by exploring these data visualizations, which showcases what we can see by fusing Cirium data sets such as flight status and flight schedules data.
Cirium Idea: Travel Waiver Activity
Identify when and where travel waivers are in effect.
Check which airports are currently covered by a waiver, and to see how long they are covered, giving travel agencies an idea of how many waivers are in effect for any given time period. It also informs airlines how their coverage of waivers compares to the rest of the market.
Cirium Idea: Coronavirus Aviation Impact
Looks at the impact on the domestic and international flights for China since 01-Jan-2020.
Our analyses span aviation sectors and across regions. See below, in-depth insights on the impact of COVID-19.
- NEW – The Airline Insights Report: key indicators on the state of aviation recovery measuring monthly flight volume globally and by region airlines and airports, average delay minutes, and aircraft status (“in service” or “in storage”).
- On-demand Webinar: Transform Aviation with Data, for a New World. (26th August, 2020)
– Nick Ward, Head of OEM Digital Solutions, Rolls-Royce Digital
– Fabrice Valentin, Head of Global Market Forecast, Airbus
– Bruce Dankberg, Director Portfolio Management, Altavair
– Andrew Doyle, Market Development Director, Cirium
- Post: COVID-19 crisis could lead lessors to 50% fleet penetration
- Post: Understanding the impact of COVID-19 on supply and demand, asset values and lease rates.
- On-Demand Webinar: Navigating the Flight Plan to Recovery. (held on July 30th.) This webinar looks at utilization figures, a scenario analysis of possible outcomes based on new cases, government involvement and passenger demand and an overview of what the aerospace sector needs to do to support airline recovery. View here.
- Video: Disruption Dashboard – How to view aviation changes, cancellations and disruption activity.
- News Release: Domestic markets for Asia-Pacific airlines on track for recovery through July, according to Cirium
- New post: How corporate travel managers can approach the unused ticket problem.
- Post: Tracking airframe utilization trends during COVID-19.
- Updated Daily – Post: COVID-19: Navigating the flight plan to recovery.
- Post: Understanding Cirium’s methodology for stored aircraft during COVID-19.
- Updates: Coronavirus: Monitoring passenger jet activity through the hibernation phase.
- Update: Cirium is monitoring in-storage figures on a daily basis. As of April 14, 2020, only 38% of the global fleet is currently in-service.
Flight disruption globally:
- Post: Utilizing fleets, utilization & schedules data to monitor China’s flight to recovery.
Post: China domestic air travel capacity returns in ‘beacon of hope’ for global recovery.
- Report: Asia aviation slowly starting to rebuild.
- Update: At least seven years of passenger growth initially lost by COVID-19 –
Ascend by Cirium reports on the impact on airlines and aircraft manufacturers following IATA’s prediction for a 48% fall in traffic this year.
- Post: COVID-19 (coronavirus) impact on US, Europe travel.
- Video: Cirium expert Henk Ombelet talks about the impact the coronavirus was having at that time on airline operations.
- February 21 Press Release: Cirium analysis of COVID-19 reveals over 200,000 flights canceled.
- Jan 31 Press Release: 10,000 Chinese flights cancelled due to coronavirus.
- Post: 10 fast facts -How COVID-19 impacts global airline operations.
- Video: Cirium expert, Joanna Lu, talks about governmental support to the aviation sector in view of Covid-19.
Elsevier Information Center – While Cirium is working to provide insights into the impact on the aviation market, our fellow RELX analytics company Elsevier has collected relevant articles on Coronavirus.