With so many rapid developments, visualizing analytics becomes critical to understanding what is happening across the industry. We want to enable the industry to quickly respond and better solve problems through access to data and actionable insights.
Start by exploring our data visualizations, which showcase what we can see by fusing Cirium data sets such as flight status and flight schedules data.
Cirium LIVE webinar: The digital future of flight
New date tbd, 2021 | 3 PM BST; 10 AM ET
Keynote: Developing a 360-degree view of aviation with a digital first strategy.
Panel discussion: Has the pandemic made the aviation industry think more about digitization?
Moderator: Rachel Humphries, Director Of Communications at Cirium.
Keynote: Jim Hetzel, Head of Product Management at Cirium.
Panel: Niha Shaikh, Senior Product Manager at Cirium and guest panelists; Daniel Stecher, VP Airline Operations, IBS Software and Judy Pitchford, Head, Worldwide Business Development – Travel, AWS.
The Cirium On-Time Performance Report is back and is now available to download. Read more.
For over a decade, Cirium has produced The On-Time Performance Report—the longest-standing analysis in the aviation industry. After spending over a year in dormancy, Cirium’s report returns to provide the insights on airline and airport punctuality and recognize those that have outperformed their peers, both globally, regionally and in respective categories.
DOWNLOAD THE AIRLINE ON-TIME PERFORMANCE REPORT
DOWNLOAD THE AIRPORT ON-TIME PERFORMANCE REPORT
COVID-19 update: This update is an ongoing analysis of trends resulting from the impact of the pandemic, covering many topics to provide industry insights at this critical time.
Take an immersive interactive journey from December 2019 to July 2020, to see how much of an impact Covid-19 has had on our industry. This Idea paints a picture of the road to recovery for one of the world’s biggest aviation markets, showing the path ahead for all markets. See the story.
Our analyses span aviation sectors and across regions. See below in-depth insights on the impact of Covid-19.
- The Cirium Airline Insights Review 2020 — Including the On-Time Performance Review 2020 This review is a detailed analysis of aviation and air travel data supported by a very wide data lake – The Cirium Core. It is a retrospective on the past year and we analyze trends across aviation, see at the impact of COVID-19 on the industry, including a scheduling system thrown into chaos and the outlook of 2021.
- Post: 21 years of airline passenger traffic growth wiped out In 2020: Cirium report reveals
- Post: 2021: 7 key trends for air transport to recover, return stronger and accelerate digital transformation
Webinars and videos:
- On-demand webinar: Navigating turbulence
An in-depth review of the state of the aviation market including an overview of the impact on aviation asset values and lease rates. (March 2021). View Now.
- On-demand webinar: Transform Aviation with Data, for a New World. (26th August, 2020)
– Nick Ward, head of OEM Digital Solutions, Rolls-Royce Digital
– Fabrice Valentin, head of global market forecast, Airbus
– Bruce Dankberg, director portfolio management, Altavair
– Andrew Doyle, market development director, Cirium
- Video: Disruption Dashboard – How to view aviation changes, cancellations and disruption activity.
- Post: Ascend by Cirium Weekly Team Perspective: The Implications of Airline Reorganizations for Operating Lessors
- Post: Understanding the impact of Covid-19 on supply and demand, asset values and lease rates.
- Post: How corporate travel managers can approach the unused ticket problem.
Flight disruption globally:
- Post: Utilizing fleets, utilization and schedules data to monitor China’s flight to recovery.
Post: China domestic air travel capacity returns in “beacon of hope” for global recovery.
- Report: Asia aviation slowly starting to rebuild.
- Update: At least seven years of passenger growth initially lost by Covid-19 –
Ascend by Cirium reports on the impact on airlines and aircraft manufacturers following IATA’s prediction for a 48% fall in traffic this year.
- Post: Covid-19 impact on US, Europe travel.
- Video: Cirium expert Henk Ombelet talks about the impact of the coronavirus on airline operations.
- February 21 press release: Cirium analysis of Covid-19 reveals over 200,000 flights canceled.
- Jan 31 press release: 10,000 Chinese flights cancelled due to coronavirus.
- Post: 10 fast facts – How Covid-19 impacts global airline operations.
- News release: Domestic markets for Asia-Pacific airlines on track for recovery through July, according to Cirium.
- Video: Cirium expert, Joanna Lu, talks about governmental support to the aviation sector in view of Covid-19.
- Post: Covid-19 crisis could lead lessors to 50% fleet penetration
- Post: Tracking airframe utilization trends during Covid-19.
- Updated daily – post: Covid-19: Navigating the flight plan to recovery.
- Post: Understanding Cirium’s methodology for stored aircraft during Covid-19.
- Updates: Coronavirus: Monitoring passenger jet activity through the hibernation phase.
- Update: Cirium is monitoring in-storage figures on a daily basis. As of 14 April 2020, only 38% of the global fleet is currently in service.
Elsevier information center – While Cirium is working to provide insights into the impact on the aviation market, our fellow RELX analytics company Elsevier has collected relevant articles on the coronavirus.
For media enquires about Covid-19, please contact us.